How to send information securely using SendSafe

• 21 March 2022
  • 0 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10
  • Community Manager
  • 28 replies

Security is our utmost priority and we strive to promote best practices when sharing sensitive information. With SendSafe, you can share files or text through a safe, private, and encrypted link that automatically expires to ensure your message does not remain online forever.

To send a message

1. Visit send.blend.com

2. Type your message in the Share Text box.

3. Once finished, click Protect and Send Text.

To send a file

1. Visit send.blend.com

2. Drag and drop the file on the Share Files box or click Select Files to upload and choose the file from your computer.

3. Once finished, the download link and passphrase will be generated automatically.

bleTB-PPHdqXaxdBY0CRpTaXeFOGn_JtYw3hcbAXgsEP2RRpkaRrftUQIztFHesmnMbPC0MxeRtnzBTyGi5clt8OZ_nPTYDdB_ye6Q2zxMNQl711JhYggqBzZewu9pLO-H0x3nVT

When sharing information through SendSafe, a download link and a passphrase will be generated. Both, the download link and passphrase, are required to retrieve the information. Make sure to copy both.

gcsoEAVDTPpMX3PswZkcNj39aSCrea6TXcnPNbejgCk8K0biAhOMuhPLdQO58uvbx8EzMvYzgK6zlcfbm9g-B4Ek6F2N_1w_68XQGj_iyWpyGBtN7jhjadaomfdN-y59g_vv-yiC

You can use the Copy to clipboard buttons to copy the link and/or passphrase for convenience.

glafbRmTSb0TMhSgP36z9u2jRecELYnRT0ML-UqEwBbtxgVrxmgwY2V_AUVoBcfd5NkEStLCrHl3wicu6D5Of34Jzx1Cz_6TA6eaffsdTvbhYFgRIPy-X5tcV9u82CQRrjPrJsKL

Best Practices

• Share the download link and passphrase using different communication channels. For example, if you send the link via email, then send the passphrase through text message, phone call, Slack, Teams, or other instant messaging systems.

• Use SendSafe if you need to share Personal Identifiable Information (PII) or files with PII in them.

Note

• The download link expires after downloading the message or after seven days, whichever comes first.

• A new download link and passphrase will be generated each time you share a message.

FAQs

What if I lose the passphrase or download link?
You will need to send a new message or file. The current message will be deleted after 7 days.

What if I need to send another message?
You can click Send Another after sending the first message or repeat the same steps.

uYW6Lc9WFV148btxFz2L7q4lUKda1mIPVRshvuzPobJZw2JWUafpVOAB3SlJh43eH32XdgnRMNhg4ouojRp9_Ic58Z0Z4G7IU7IVoW2kWrKzXi2SqLOugfrqTYi4nIv14GKlvSEP

What if the recipient enters the wrong passphrase?
The recipient will see an Incorrect passphrase, try again. message and they can try again.

VVkgNFFu7ikucNhiN4L38bDXqC7wlSgzAla57SXrviKGGUHw_eHGWg9FBw0MlGcXBGsXJum9e5mS6S8ZDtRCkkVarjC2whOSDsvAbz4Alm593IEWgwkTU-Xn8jGH25MEI6TvaM9D

What if I don’t need to send the message anymore?
You can click Delete File and/or not share the download link and passphrase.

lUpTS5ko3SwHYqoohy86i0niHHEP3EByk72lblodEgkT12s4dZQxsPC79cS_8DW-fBChSSERAg0jDMIqwIFFioHs1LmE_i1W4As4QArRz_Ql9kOlajUJnrVyH-Ev4Mvn2N405KhG

0 replies

Be the first to reply!

Disclaimers Privacy Policy California Privacy Security